Why Burn an MP3 CD?
As you may well know, an MP3 CD is simply a normal data disc that has a collection of digital audio files stored on it -- typically MP3s of course! If you have a home or car stereo system that can play MP3 music files stored on CD, then it makes sense to utilize this option -- especially if your stereo isn't blessed with other alternative facilities such as USB ports (for flash drives, MP3 players, etc.), memory card slots, etc.
To start burning MP3 CDs using Windows Media Player 12, run the program and follow the simple steps below.
Setting up to Burn a Data Disc for Your MP3s
- Ensure that you are in the Library view mode. To switch to this display using the keyboard shortcut method, hold down the [CTRL] key and press 1.
- On the right-hand side of the screen (near the top), click the Burn menu tab. If the burn mode isn't already configured for Data disc, click the Burn Options drop-down menu (in the top right-hand corner) and choose the Data CD or DVD option from the list.
Adding MP3s to the Burn List
- Add the MP3 files you want on your custom-made MP3 CD by first making sure that the Music folder is selected -- this is found in the left pane under Library.
- Here, you have the option to either drag and drop single files (one-at-a-time), complete albums, or highlight a block of songs to drag across to the Burn List area in the right-hand pane. To choose multiple tracks to drag and drop, hold down the [CTRL] key while clicking on your selected tracks. You can also drag across playlists into the Burn List area to save time if you prefer.
Creating Your MP3 CD
- Insert a blank CD-R or rewritable disc (i.e. CD-RW) into your optical drive. If you need to erase information that is already on a CD-RW disc, then you can do this using Windows Media Player. Simply, right-click the drive letter (in the left pane) associated with your optical disc and choose the Erase Disc option. A warning message will pop up on the screen advising you that all information on the disc will be erased. To proceed, click the Yes button.
- To begin creating your MP3 CD, click the Start Burn button in the right pane and wait for the burning process to complete.