Pandora Radio is a personalized music service that lets you discover new songs interactively using a thumbs up/down system. This might seem very basic on the surface, but hidden behind the scenes is an advanced algorithmic platform called the Genome Project that accurately suggests similar music you may be interested in. Pandora Radio offers a free account for streaming music to your desktop and is a perfect solution if you want to create your own custom radio stations as well as discovering new bands and artists.
It's possible to use Pandora Radio without having to sign up for a free account. However, you won't be able to create your own customized stations or access Pandora Anywhere.
In this tutorial we'll go through the steps in setting up a free Pandora Radio account via your computer's Internet browser.
- Using your favorite Web browser, go to the Pandora Radio website (http://www.pandora.com/).
- Click on the Register hyperlink located near the top right-hand corner of the main page.
- You should now see a registration form displayed on screen. Complete all the required fields which are: email address, password, birth year, zip code, and your gender.
- Before signing up you will also have to make certain choices before hitting the register button. For example, do you want personalized recommendations and tips regularly sent to your inbox? If not, then ensure this option is not checked.
- Verify that all the information you have entered so far is correct (including your options near the bottom of the form) and then click on the Register button.
- You should now see a congratulations screen telling you about all the things you can do with your Pandora Radio profile page. There's also an option (enabled by default) that allows others to view your profile and activity. This is a social feature which is useful, but you may not want this. If you don't, then simply uncheck the box next to this option.
- Click Continue to finish creating your free Pandora Radio account.