Digital music gift cards are great if you want to give music as a gift. The recipient has the flexibility to choose exactly what they want -- they can buy and download their favorite songs using the prepaid card. When you buy a digital music voucher, you select a prepaid amount of credit -- this is especially useful as a gift for children ensuring that they can't go over the limit. If you buy an MP3 player / PMP as a gift for someone, you could always include a gift card too to get them started in the world of digital music. In addition, digital music gift cards also make great last minute gifts!
An excellent gift for someone who has an iPod, or who will be getting a portable player. The recipient of an iTunes gift card can download music, audiobooks, movies, TV shows and more from the iTunes Store. iTunes Gift Cards are available from the Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Store, or one of the many participating retailers. There are 4 levels of prepaid card which are:
If you need to instantly buy someone a last minute gift that they can use on the iTunes Store, then an iTunes Gift Certificate is a good option. iTunes gift certificates are similar to iTunes Gift Cards in that you can choose a credit amount of between $10 - $50 which can be redeemed for songs, albums, apps, audiobooks, etc. Once you have created your gift certificate, it can be instantly sent via email, or printed out so you can present it in person if you prefer.
If you're unfamiliar on creating gift certificates via the iTunes software and think this is the best option for you, follow our quick and easy tutorial on how to buy an iTunes gift certificate.
Even though the standard Amazon gift card is typically used for physical products, you can also use it to instantly purchase and download songs from Amazon MP3. This type of card is available from many different stores and can also be purchased online. The amount of prepaid credit ranges from $10 - $200.
Amazon has made it easy to give digital music as a gift using their website. You can use:
- Amazon MP3 Gift Cards: (Purchase/Download) If you want to give someone a set amount of credit for the Amazon MP3 store, then this method is a good choice. You can send the gift via email, Facebook (wall post), or print it out using your printer.
- Amazon's 'Give as a Gift' Button: Using the 'Give as a Gift' button on Amazon MP3 makes it very simple to give a song or complete album as a gift. If you know exactly what a friend or family member likes, then this is a good option for a one-off purchase -- you can personalize your gift too. For more information, use Amazon's MP3 gift guide to (Purchase/Download) single songs or whole albums as a gift.
If you know someone who loves discovering new music by listening to Internet radio, then Pandora's gift card could be the one for them! The Pandora One gift card currently costs $36 per year and gives the recipient the following main benefits:
- Unlimited streaming.
- Customizable radio stations that are free from advertisements.
- High quality streaming audio at 192 Kbps.
- Pandora desktop application.
Wal-Mart offer a range of different types of gift card to suit any occasion. The online gift card option is particularly useful for immediate delivery via email. Once received, the recipient can immediately start shopping for music (or anything else for that matter) online.
The gift card solutions that Wal-Mart offer are:
- Gift cards
- Specialty cards (including iTunes gift cards)
- e-gift cards
Wal-Mart gift cards can be purchased from $10-1000.