If you have one, then you will most likely have received your gift via an email message, or been presented with a printed out certificate personalized just for you. At this point, you might be wondering how to get started, or whether your iTunes Gift Certificate works in the same way as the more popular iTunes Gift Card? The good news is that it's just like any type of store gift card, and works in exactly the same way as an iTunes gift card. Once you have entered the special code, your account will be credited with a pre-paid amount. You will then be able to redeem this credit for purchases such as: digital music, apps, audiobooks, iBooks, and more on Apple's iTunes Store. To find out how to redeem an iTunes Gift Certificate, follow these simple steps.
Things You'll Need:
- iTunes Gift Certificate with unused redemption code
- iTunes Store account
- Latest version of the iTunes software
- Ensure you have the latest version of the iTunes software and update it if necessary. If you haven't got an Apple ID store account, then the first thing that you'll need to do is install Apple's software to create one before entering the code on the certificate. You can download the latest version from Apple's iTunes website. For more information, follow our tutorial on how to create an Apple ID.
- With the iTunes software running, Click the iTunes Store menu option (under Store) in the left window pane of iTunes. Wait for the store to load and then log into your account by clicking the Sign In button.
- To enter the special redemption code on your iTunes Gift Certificate, you first need to click the Redeem option in the Quick Links menu on the right-hand side of the screen. Enter the code when prompted and click the Redeem button. *Note:* be sure to enter the code exactly as shown on the certificate.
- If the code has been accepted, the credit will now be added to your iTunes Store account which will be displayed near the top right-hand corner of the screen.